I am so excited to be going on my first cruise in a weeks. For some strange reason, I have been fascinated with going on a cruise for years and all of my friends felt that they were for old people and never wanted to go. Now my mother, son and I will board the Carnival Sunshine for a 5 day cruise. Here is our itinerary:
I have looked at so many videos, read plenty of blogs and researched everything there was to do and eat on the ship. Here are the things I cannot wait to do once I get on board the ship.
This is something that my son and I want to do on the first day. How cool is it to have a mini waterpark on a cruise ship. It includes a Twister Waterslide, hundreds of feet of spiraling awesomeness that starts you off high in the air and gets you down low with one of the fastest, wettest rides you’ll find anywhere. It also includes side-by-side racing slides, so my son and I will most definitely be competing on who can get to the bottom the fastest. Of course since I am taller I will win for sure (I hope).
This is an above ground rope course. We will be safely strapped in. I love the challenge of an obstacle course and I am thrilled to be able to do this on my vacation with no extra charge.
Hasbro, The Game Show
Who wouldn’t love to play a GIANT version of their favorite board game? Well on this cruise we have that option. Carnival Sunshine has SORRY, SLIDERS, YAHTZEE BOWLING, CONNECT 4 BASKETBALL, OPERATION SAM DUNK, SIMON FLASH. One of my son’s first board games was Connect 4. He still plays it to this day (missing pieces and all).
This cruise just gets better and better. They have a camp ON THE BOAT for kids of all ages. I can go do adult things and my son a can go meet new friends and do lots of fun activities with kids within his own age group. It’s a summer camp and family vacation, all in one! SCORE!! They will do tons of fun-filled, age-appropriate activities including arts and crafts, dancing, movies, toy-time and video gaming! When it’s mealtime, kids get their own menus, with faves like mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, which are my son’s two favorite foods. They also offer a Night Owl option for an additional fee if I wanted to do some late night fun.
Seuss at Sea
The wonderful world of Dr. Seuss is on board of this ship. They offer an onboard character parade, interactive story time, arts & crafts, and what I am looking forward to the most is their Green eggs and ham breakfast. I know you may be thinking eww green eggs and ham yuck! But the picture look so tasty and fun. As long as it looks pretty and smells tasty, I will try it. There is an additional fee for this breakfast, but I am sure the memories will out way the cost.
I saved the best for last. Now this is a disclaimer: I LOVE FOOD! I live to eat not eat to live, so the multitude of different food options has intrigued me more than anything. For the most part everything is included. They do have specialty restaurants that cost an additional fee.
I have seen so many reviews and picture of the tasty food they are serving in the dining room. This is where we will go to have our nightly dinner. We will get all dressed up (casual dress) and head to try some amazing dishes. This is also where we will have our formal dinners
Guy’s Burger Joint
One of my favorite Food Network TV personalities has a burger joint on the ship. I love a nice, fresh, juicy grilled burger. I defiantly had to add this to my “To-Do’ list.
I love to cook, watch cooking shows and even pretend that I have a cooking show. I would love to do a cooking demo in front of an audience. I think this would be so fun
Kids grow up so fast. Before you know it they will be grown and own their own. My son is seven, but it seems like yesterday that I he was a baby and I was wondering how he would be when he is older. Now that he is older I want him to be a baby again. I know that will never happen though. I want to make sure that his father and I impart some wisdom into him NOW that he will remember forever. I made a list of 50 things that I want to teach my son.
- Keep God first.
- Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.
- Hold the door open for women
- Always make sure you smell good, but use cologne sparingly.
- Dress to impress. Your appearance speaks before you do.
- Stick up for yourself, but don’t be a bully.
- Always look someone in their eyes when you are talking to them
- Showing emotions does not make you weak.
- Always be a gentleman. Keep chivalry alive.
- Learn how to cook. (Women love that).
- Never have unprotected sex unless you are married. And NEVER trust the words “I am on the pill”.
- Send me flowers on my birthday and NEVER forget Mother’s Day.
- Always take your hat off when you enter into someone’s house and never where hats at the dinner table.
- Remember that trust has to be EARNED, and once it is broken it is hard to get back
- Have a firm handshake.
- Treat EVERYONE with respect, regardless of their race, religion sexual orientation or job.
- Never chew with your mouth open.
- Never hit a women. No matter how mad you get be the bigger person and WALK AWAY.
- When walking down the street with a women, always walk on the side closer to the traffic.
- Women love unexpected gifts.
- Don’t be afraid to tell people you love them.
- Learn how to compliment a women.
- Don’t let fear dictate your actions.
- Always be nice to your mother.
- Spend time with the people you love. Life is short.
- Learn how to say “I’m sorry” and mean it.
- Never kiss and tell.
- NEVER, NEVER drink and drive.
- Keep breath mints or gum in your pocket.
- Believe in yourself.
- Learn the art of killing with kindness.
- Don’t be late.
- Remember that your word is your bond.
- Keep your nails clean.
- Never scratch yourself in public.
- Life isn’t always going to be fair.
- When a women says “I’m fine”, chances are she really isn’t.
- SAVE! SAVE ! SAVE ! but don’t be stingy. Money comes to those who are willing to spend.
- Work hard at everything that you do.
- Always take responsibility for your actions.
- Be a leader
- If you ever get stopped by the police. PLEASE just comply
- Always be considerate of other people and their feelings.
- Your actions, not anyone else’s will define who you are
- Pants above the waist. ALWAYS!
- It’s okay to lose, it’s a part of life
- Don’t give up no matter what.
- Your grades are merely keys to open doors in life. Your efforts and the skills and traits you pick up along the way are what paves your road to success
- Don’t pick fight, that’s a mark of a weak man.
- Pick your battles.
Have you ever wondered how much your child knows about you? I often wondered this about my son, so I decided to come up with a list of question to ask my son. I told him there is no wrong or right answer. I also told him to answer with the first thing that came to mind.
- How old am I? 32
- What is my favorite color? Red
- How tall am I? 5 ½ inches tall
- What makes me happy? When I do all of my chorus and use the bathroom
- What make me sad? When I don’t do the right things and I get to hyper
- What is something that I always say to you? Clean the table, use the bathroom, How was your day?, What did you have for lunch?, How did you like dinner?, Take a shower and I love you
- How do I make you laugh? When you tell funny jokes and do funny stuff
- What is my favorite thing to do? Watch TV
- What do I do when you’re not around? Get good sleep in your bed
- How old was I when you were born? No wait let me think …… 19
- Where are my favorite places to go? To see Peaches (my grandmother)
- How do you know I love you? Because I am your son and you give me kisses
- What is my favorite food? Crabs and chicken sandwiches
- What do at my job? Work stuff on the computer
- What am I really good at? Cooking
- What am I not very good at? Shapes and riddles
- What is your favorite thing to do with me? High five magazine
- What do I do to relax? Lay down
- If I were a wrestler, which wrestler would l be? I have no idea…um maybe John Cena.. I guess
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you buy me? Flowers
THE JOYS BEING A MOTHER
Being a mom is, indeed, one of the most difficult and challenging jobs in the world. After you have a child, you literally feel like your heart is walking outside your body. When I found out I was pregnant I went through a range of emotions. I was elated that God chose me to be a mother. I was terrified at the thought that I am responsible for another life, but in the end I have been filled with inestimable joy. Becoming a mother allows you to be able to love from a different part of who you are. Being a new mom can come with feelings of inadequacy because there is a learning curve involved. Here are my joys of being a mother.
His smile, giggles, and kisses.
When he tells me he loves me. Simply melts my heart.
Bedtimes is the BEST time. I don’t care what anyone says. This is the time I can unwind and reflect. I often watch my son sleep and Thank God for allowing me to be his mother.
I get joy out of watching my son just be a kid. Every moment is a new adventure. I enjoy watching him grow into an empathetic, kind human being who can think for himself.
What I love the most about being a mom is that my son has enhanced my life. He has taught me to be a better version of myself. I am much more patient, kind and compassionate.
Being a mother is amazing. I wouldn’t trade this experience for the world.
If you are a mother, tell me some of your joys of motherhood. I would love to read them.
Teacher Appreciation: Flower pen
As I stated previously that this week is teacher appreciation week. I wanted to make something for his teacher that was practical, cheap and cute. I came up with the idea of flower pen set because teacher are always using pens, markers, sharpies, etc. I found all of these products at Dollar Tree except for the hot glue and little rocks because I already had them. This was a $5 gift that will last a lifetime
What you will need
- Ballpoint pen (I prefer Bic brand)
- Floral tape
- Artificial flowers
- Hot glue
- Mini flower pot
- Little rocks
Remove the cap and the plastic end cap on the pen. (Like my picture) This was the hardest part of the whole DIY. I carefully used some scissor to pry the end off. If you crack the ends its okay it will be covered with the floral tape anyway.
You will to cut your flower stem to about ½ an inch long. I was able to pull the flower right off the stem.
Then put a generous amount of glue in the top of the pen, where the plastic end cap used to be.
Quickly add the flower inside the top of the pen and hold there for about 45 seconds or until the pen is set
Then it’s time to wrap the floral tape around the pen to give a more a more realistic look. I started from flower end and worked my way down
This step is optional but I added rocks that I had from an old fish tank. You can also decorate the flower pot.
This week at my son’s school is Teacher Appreciation Week. I decided to make this super cute and easy card for his teacher.